Thursday, February 11, 2010

McQueen


I have wanted to be a fashion designer since the idea was introduced to me in kindergarten. That was A long time ago. 
A shorter period of time ago, around 6th and 7th grade, I started to really observe the fashion industry. It was during this period of looking that I think I molded the reality of my passion and formed the basis of my aesthetic. To this day, the most memorable collection of the last decade, for me, was Alexander McQueen's Fall 2003 collection. I looked through it over and over, so amazed by its details, its fantasy, its strength. As I grew into a designer, his collections remained a constant source of inspiration, and motivation. He was able to create wild explosions of emotion on the runway, executed with an obviously high level of craftsmanship and still manage to make the clothes look wearable. He has offered a new delight each season and I will always consider him one of fashions masters. I owe so much to his designs for the creator I am today and am startlingly saddened by his departure. 
Fall 2003 Alexander McQueen








And from Spring 2003


No comments:

Post a Comment